Thursday, April 06, 2006

Servanthood

The leadership team organized a community service day at school and I was asked to go along with one of the groups. It ended up being all boys heading to a nursing home...I wasn't sure how it was going to go but as I watched I was so encouraged by the way they stepped up to the plate...it took some of them a little bit of time to warm up but they all did an awesome job and it was so fun to be a part of it with them. The second half of the day we spent at a small christian bookstore on main st. in cortland. The lady who owns it has some physical disabilities but has faithfully provided a place for great resources for almost 20 years. I was able to hear her testimony of how she started with 29 cents and has trusted God each step of the way and I was moved by the faith of this woman and God's incredible working through her.

No comments: