It's interesthing how God works. Over a year ago we were going through a book called "Calm my Anxious Heart" in a ladies Sunday School class. I forgot I even had the book. The other day I was looking for another book and "accidently" grabbed that one instead. I believe in God's hand on the little things...it has been exactly what I have needed.
It has been hard moving. I was comfortable with the roles I had. I enjoyed the area we lived in. I knew where to find things and had the freedom to go wherever. We had a big church with plenty of fellowship. Now we are in a small church where the attendence is fluctuating and it is often discouraging because things aren't going to happen fast. I'm at home most of the time and if we go somewhere it's usually with Kevin driving and he is not as interested in stopping where I would like to...his schedule is so crunched with school and church stuff. To really do decent shopping we have to travel to Glens Falls and that's a one trip a week type of thing. I don't know where all the cool thrift stores and used book stores are and I haven't had a chance to find them. I don't know people well enough yet to see if they want to go. I'm still not pregnant...and most of the time I have stuff to do but still feel bored.
So,I was reading the book and it really kicked me in the butt about being content with my role. There are a lot of people in different areas of life that probably wish they could be where I'm at. The question was asked in the book...will you accept the cup God has given you? I need to make that choice, over and over, day after day, minute after minute. I need to find ways to thrive. I'm not sure what that looks like yet but I'm hoping to have the courage to step out and do it when the time comes. I am such a people person but I am not always one to take iniative when I don't feel comfortable. At camp or in the classroom it's easy to because I am established. Not so much here.
2 comments:
nothin like change to just screw up our lives, huh? Does it help at all to know I would trade with you in a minute? Oh, shoot, my lack of contentment is showing...it's just a season, Hon. Maybe I shouldn't say it but maybe this time of boredom/relaxing is to help you get preggers. (or maybe it's to read blogs...dunno) Hang in there...
I love it when God gives me a good kick in the rear. It's great to know that he loves us..isn't it?
Post a Comment