It is that month. The one where people begin to post on facebook everyday what they are thankful for. The one where we get together to gorge out on turkey and all the fixings. The one that culminates in a day of thanksgiving.
I am thankful for many things. I have so much that God has blessed me with. I just hate that it takes this month to remind me to be thankful. I do not like that it is not a daily part of my life. I need it to be. I am hoping it will be.
I want to live a thankful life. I want my children to learn to be thankful not only for good manners but as a true act of gratitude for all God has done for us. I want to model thankfulness so they see not me but the One who the thanks goes to.
My minute thanks to the God of the Universe will never be close to enough for all He has done for me. I want to be thankful toward him each day, not for all the things but for who He is.
No comments:
Post a Comment