Kevin had training for his missions trip a week before he actually left so most of the time I was single parenting it even before he left. Then, having him in Africa for 2 weeks helped me to be so grateful for the fact that I have him around.
I always enjoy being down with my family at Camp Bayouca in the summer. It is coming home for me. I love the extended family God has given me in the people that have been there through the years. I love watching the kids enjoying the same things I used to enjoy.
The best part was going blackberry picking with Dad. That was his relax and spend time with the kids tradition towards the end of camp. I loved introducing my children to it.
At camp, it is the reality that things aren't going to be the same forever. There will come a time where Mom and Dad will no longer be there and that's hard to think about. It is honestly the place that I find myself home more than any other place in the world.
Then, my sweet Kayli girl, who was just up here filling our house with fun, went through something I would never have imagined, suddenly losing her Dad. My heart still breaks for her, her mom, and her daughter. I can't imagine what the days and months ahead will be like for them but I know that I saw Jesus shine through them as they said their goodbyes.
I am not sure what is going to happen after that. Especially since there is a shortage of teaching positions around. But, I am excited to be picking up English classes and hope it will continue to enhance my writing.
I didn't get to go to the Writer's Conference this year and I really want to go through my notes from last year and set some more goals for myself. I am hoping to be able to connect with some people at college who may help me continue to hone my skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment