Sunday, March 30, 2008

No Church for You

I have had about 14 hours of sleep total for the past three nights. Jack is not sleeping well at all. He wakes up every hour or two just crying. Last night I tried to see if he would cry himself back to sleep and it just resulted in having to take 15 minutes to calm him down. Each time the only thing that helps him go back to sleep is nursing. He is on the verge of getting teeth (I can feel them) and I wonder if I am not giving him enough of a dosage of tylenol to really help.

I am also fighting a cold and Kevin thought he was over it and now his is getting worse again so I will have to spend time disinfecting the house.

So, I got up to get ready for church and my husband looked at me and said...No you don't! I haven't been out of the house in a week because of all of this and was looking forward to it but I am still feeling crappy. I am trying not to let it get worse but i am restricted in what I can take because I am nursing.

On a funny note...I have been very proud of the fact that I have worked hard to make my own baby food. I used some canned when traveling (found a great deal at BJ's) but for the most part I have my handy food mill and blender to rely on. So, I picked up some dried peas a few weeks earlier to do and the other week I saw yellow peas. Me and my practical mind thought, "this is great...the taste of peas without the messy green color...I won't have to fight stains." So, I cook up the whole bag, puree, and froze little ice cubes. Our first try was while my family was up for easter and my mom took a taste after Jack expressed his dislike for them. She then with shock asked me what it was, in which I replied with pride "yellow peas". Mom then pointed out how they tasted and stated they were basically like chick peas and I had just made my son the most plain and unflavorful hummus around. Needless to say...I am still learning about the culinary world. So, hummus anyone?

Oh, and I just scared the pants off my son by blowing my nose.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I was home from church yesterday too. My second week in a row...it felt bizarre...like my weeks just bleed together with no stopping or starting. I can hear the cabin fever in your voice....

Jack must be having a really miserable time with those teeth...hopefully the tylenol did the trick? It's all a big guessing game...and every time you think you have something figured out, they change on you.

Just a little longer and it will be April and spring HAS to come, even in the north!!!