Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Life is full of things I don't always understand...

Last Friday, Kevin received a call from his dad that is cousin Joanne (pictured holding Jack as a baby) died.  She was 36...less than a year older than I am.  She had only been married a few years and the family is having a hard time comprehending it.  Kevin went down for the calling hours and funeral on Monday and he was amazed at the amount of people that came through.  The continual sentiment from most people was..."It is such a tragedy!"  I agree...I don't understand.


My Grandfather is 89 years old.  He is a World War 2 Veteran who has never really talked about what he saw as he helped clean up pearl harbor but we just found out he holds the highest medal in infantry.  He faithfully sent Grandma a gift from each place he was at and she still has the cards he wrote her.  He has battled numerous heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, dimentia, and a variety of other things.  After participating the his town's Memorial Day parade, he was hospitalized and is now in a nursing home.  He is fading quickly and yet is seems to stretch on.  His quality of life is no longer there, he cries a lot and can no longer understand...yet he hangs on...I don't always understand...


His ways are not our ways...His thoughts are not our thoughts...I will not always understand but I can rest in the one who does. I can run to him with my questions and fears and know that though I may not find the answers I want, I will find the anwers I need...

No comments: