Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Some of the Most Inspirational People in the World

I had the amazing privilege of teaching at Precious Jewels Week at camp.  This is a week that has been a part of the camp since before my Dad became the director.  It was also how my parents were introduced to BaYouCa as they brought campers from the church they were at and helped out with the week of camp.  Many of the campers have know our family since before I was born and they are a special part of my life.  That is why I was so excited to have the chance to go down for the week and teach their Bible class.


I truly believe that they are one of the reasons that BaYouCa is such a special place!  I have watched year after year as staff have walked through this week with them and come away changed.  It is impossible not to be!  You see, the reason they are called Precious Jewels is because they are such a special and precious part of God's creation.  Though they may lack in some capabilities that other have, God has given them something extra special that we need.  Some parts of it are unexplainable and honestly have to be experienced.


The one thing that impacts me most about being around them is their simple love for God and faith in Him.  They love God unashamedly and love telling others about it.  They faithfully pray for the camp and staff.  They sing from pure hearts praises to God.  They do not question His existence or His involvement in their lives.  Their faith is real and true.  It is humbling to experience this.  It teaches me so much about God's love and the faith of a child.

My second greatest joy in heaven, after seeing Jesus face to face, is seeing them in their glorified bodies.  Yet, I know that God made them perfectly how He wanted them to be because there is so much they have to teach us!

No comments: