Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Unwanted Friend

I have a friend that comes to visit every once in awhile and though uninvited, barges in and takes up residence unannounced.  I don't like this at all.  I seek to avoid his presence and keep active but I cannot escape it.  I try to put on a smile and pretend that I enjoy he is here but inside I hate it.  I try to kick him out and yet he stoically sits and refuses to move.  He invades my space and refuses to leave until I have actively engaged him. 

He has gained many nicknames in my lifetime...a low, being down, a funk, but his real name is just depressed.  I don't deal with him very well and wish I never had to encounter him but he comes anyways. 

Sometimes I can explain why he is there and other times there is no explanation.  I have learned to deal better with his visits and they no longer last as long or cause as much harm but they are still hard to deal with, especially as a wife, mother, and pastor's wife.  I am still learning how to be through these times and not just act how I feel I should.  Today, I want to just crawl up in my bed and cry.  He'll go away soon and I will be glad for him to leave but until then I will keep being where I am...

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

he visits me too. The booger.

He tried to visit this week. Robb kicked him out and sent me out to dinner with a friend. It helped.

((HUG))

akr said...

Yeah...I just told Kevin I was going out with a friend friday night to get dessert...I helped!