Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Shoes

I have not been a shoe person as much as my mom but I do do have an affinity for certain types of shoes.  The most important part for me is comfort.  It is also important the I can use them for everything and not just for one or two occasions.  I started checking out a few websites for a shoe what was semi casual, more than a sneaker but still offered a good amount of support for those times I am on the go.  I found my favorite brand was Keen and specifically the Mary Jane walk around.  I hunted and hunted for the best price and was afraid I was going to have to spend quite a bit on them.  However, I found this great website called geartrade.com that had them for an amazing price!


I was introduced to Tevas when I worked at a camp in Southeastern PA and have loved them ever since.  My pair was certainly worn and I was looking for a new pair.  Again, I hunted and hunted and found another amazing deal!  I have been so thankful for the great deals I found and love to wear them.  But, one pair of shoes have become my most important pair and that's my running shoes.


My sister signed up to run the ADK 1/2 Marathon and signed me up for the ADK 5K.  I struggled with how i was going to train with 2 kids on top of being out of shape.  I was actually quite intimidated.  Then comes the Couch to 5K program.  I have even found an app for my iPhone to help me track my progress. 

I was also given a double running stroller and so my 2 running partners have joined me on my adventure!  I am proud of myself for completing the first week and heading into my second.  I am glad for the structure of the Couch to 5k program and the accountability it offers.  I also enjoy seeing this smile when I am done.

No comments: