As they prepared to do the blood work the other day, Kevin took Jack to the car and I volunteered to stay with her. Kevin is not big on needles as is and though he has handled a lot of things with the kids, I wasn’t willing to let him sit this one out.
I’ve noticed since Emma was in the womb that she liked her space. When Jack would move, he seemed to be playing. When Emma moved, she was trying to stretch out. As soon as she was born she stretched her arms and legs as though to say, “Finally, room!”
So, when the wonderful lady from the lab asked me to pin her down so they could keep her still enough to find a vein I knew what Emma’s reaction was going to be. She was mad! She didn’t care about the rubber band tight around her arm. She didn’t care that I was closely holding her, trying to comfort her through the pain. She wanted her freedom. It did not even seem to cry out of pain when the finally stuck her. She was too mad. She screamed because she didn’t like it.
Her little personality is really starting to shine and it is an adventure. It has been so hard to watch her battle this fever and not be able to do anything but comfort her. I am glad we are out of the woods but man, it drained me as much as it did her.
1 comment:
Ellie had gotten hand, foot, and mouth disease and had a fever for 2weeks straight.
Hopefully that is all that it is and your precious little girl will be on the mends now.
Post a Comment