Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Time with my Kayli girl

Last week my wonderful girl Kayli from Beauty from Ashes came with her beautiful daughter Liese to spend a few days with us.  Not only did we have a ton of fun but I was so blessed by their visit!

Kayli was actually one of my students my first year teaching at Cortland Christian Academy.  Kevin and I had the chance to chaperone their Senior Trip and really bonded with them.  She often came to my room even after graduating to chat about life, love, and other mysteries.  She quickly became one of my girls!

It has been amazing to watch her journey of late.  God has grabbed a hold of her heart and her dreams for impacting the world for Christ are awe inspiring.  Being a single mom, she has a heart for single moms and I truly believe God is going to give her some incredible ministry opportunities.



While she was here we took a trip to the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory.  I have to admit I was more excited than the kids about it.  I love teddy bears and though the tour wasn't as exciting as we anticipated it was still fun!
The kids each made a teddy bear and we enjoyed Pizza Hut afterwards.  We also took the ferry across which was fun!!

2 comments:

Kayli said...

oh amy! this post really blessed me today, i really needed to read this & see about our wonderful time together! i love you!

Kayli said...

so by the by, check my latest post, it has something for you in it! miss you.