Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Just Like Me

When Mom and Dad were up at Christmas, Dad kept commenting on how much Emma looked like me when I was little. This prompted me to get out pictures of me to compare. Mom is great about keeping special outfits, so I was able to put my outfit on her and do some comparison shots.

We are both 1 year old in these pictures.

As I looked at the pictures again today I began to wonder how much she will be like me. Will she have my bucked teeth and need braces? Will she struggle with her weight? Will she battle depression? And to be perfectly honest, it scares me.
Then I realize how I need to face my own demons of insecurity and learn to live out my love for God before her so that she can see Him through each thing I face. I won't ever be a perfect example, but I can point her to one.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

oh my goodness Amy! She really is your "mini-me" !

I wonder these things about my kids too...Just this morning I flew off the handle at Mattie and realized more than anything it was because she was doing something I used to do. Here's hoping that we can help them overcome with the help of our experiences....