Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The Chocolate Conundrum

Due to the fact that I live in the mountains where no radio signal safely travels, podcasts and Pandora have become a great alternative. I have a few I faithfully listen to: The Relevant Magazine Podcast, Plugged In, and Focus on the Family.

On one of the Focus on the Family's broadcast I heard Lysa Turkhurst talking about her new book Made to Crave. I knew it spoke to the heart of my struggle with my walk with God. But, I was too afraid of what the cost was going to be and ignored the oppotunitites to connect through webcasts and the online community.

Then my husband picked up the book for me, remembering I had mentioned wanting it and saw a 21 day challenge I could be a part of. I knew I needed to stop thinking about it and start doing something.

But, to be honest I am afraid. I am afraid to change. I am afraid to fail. I am afraid I will go gung ho for awhile and then it will land on the top of the pile of books and exercise tapes that I have grown tired of. Most of all, I am afraid to admit I have a problem…but I need to.

I have a problem with food controling me. I have a problem with loving it more than God. I said it. Now, I pray I can continue, open up the book, and start this journey. Chocolate has been my comfort and sweets my satisfaction for too long.

I don't want to hit the Publish Post button...it will make it real...I will then be accountable. But if I don't do this, if I don't at least try, won't I regret it?

No comments: