There are times lately when I have thought about blogging and even attempted to log in but for some reason I could not remember my password.
I am still trying to remember where the summer went but then as I look at my calendar I realize it was me who went, here, there and everywhere. In August I spent three weeks at Bayouca helping out with Family Camp and spending time with family. We then headed back home only to go up to Plattsburgh for a wedding. Mom and Dad kept the kids for us and we enjoyed a few days away.
We returned home to weather Hurricane Irene. Thankfully we did not get hit as bad as the Southern Tier and Schoharie County but watching the devistation was heart breaking. Kevin spent Sunday out on fire calls and ended up thpraveling to Schoharie county to help as well.
In the midst of the Irene aftermath our son headed to preschool and we entered another stage of life. It is weird being on this side of it after being a teacher. I am leaning much through it as Jack's strong will has not curbed just because he is attending school and he is learning the hard way sometimes. I have been reminded how much I worry about what others think and how far I still have to go. I have stressed about being the parent of the bad kid, the one who gives his teacher problems. I have struggled with feeling like I have failed or done something wrong in raising him. God and I are wrestling through this.
We then headed down to Bayouca again to help with the Ladies Retreat which was fun, especially hanging out with people I love catching up with.
On tip of this, we have church, school, harvestijng the garden, keeping up with the house, packing and unpacking...maybe I am a little tired.
This weekend I am looking forward to a some good time with my girl Kayli as she comes to visit and then in a few weeks having my parents and Aunt Kim and her family up for a visit.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you finally got to blog again!! Yeah!
Honestly, I think sometimes teachers don't always have the right expectations for their little ones in class...I think its a hard transition on little ones to go from being able to do what they want, mostly, all day to having to sit, be still, stay quiet, listen...ect. I think your little boy will be just fine once he makes that transition..and for some kids it's just harder for the next. Not that I have any personal experience but I am thinking of a little boy in my sunday school class...it was really hard for him for a while to adjust to the routine ect of "pre-school" type sunday school style...but after a few months he finally got it. That certainly didn't make him the bad kid of the class though. I think Jack will adjust, it just takes time.
I think you are a wonderful Mom...
oh and I will add this also..My 18month old son is the bully of the church nursery...He goes around and yells at the other babies (literally yells) and sometimes hits them...and we are still trying to know how to address that as at home it's not really a problem---so yeah...I think every child has their own issues they have to learn and grow through that may have nothing to do with how we parent...
Post a Comment