Thursday, October 06, 2011

My Best Friend and the Last Ten Years

It's been ten years since this day

Since I gave my hand and my heart to this man
 the day I became Mrs. Amy Radford

A few weeks ago Kevin asked me how we had changed in the last ten years.
We had lived in 5 different houses, 2 states, 4 towns, 5 churches and held at least 12 different jobs between the two of us.  We had been newlyweds, youth workers, youth pastor and wife, camp director and assistant, teachers, camp workers, and various other roles including our present role of Pastor and Pastor's wife.  Kevin has also become a firefighter and a lutenant in the fire department.


We have also become parents and welcomed two wonderful blessings into our family... 


and with each change we have faced, I have walked through it with my best friend.  We have  faced loss, joy, excitement and tears holding onto our heavenly Father and each other.  

The path has winded through hills and valleys.  It has taken us far and wide.  We are definitely not the same but with each new adventure, our love has grown deeper and our friendship more meaningful.  I can't imagine being on this journey with anyone else.

No comments: