I am someone who has been molded and shaped through the many paths and places I have walked...I have seen little and much...I believe but struggle to have faith...I desire to know God but still at times run from him...I desire life but at times lack the bravery to chase after it...I am me but all that that entails is still a mystery.
Sunday, October 09, 2011
My four year old "Curious Jack"
My son is constantly an investigator and explorer. His curiosity knows no bounds and it has definitely had a big impact on our household. Some of his latest adventures:
1. Turkey baseters are excellent squirt guns.
2. Flossers are fun to stick in candles.
3. Makers and crayons make it so fun to decorate the plain walls and furniture around my house.
4. All artwork needs to be stuck up on the walls with glue.
5. All fabric is free game when scissors are in hand.
6. Any bottle, including ones containing oily smelly stuff, should be used to dumped around the play room.
7. It is only necessary to eat two bites of an apple before moving on to a new one.
8. Toothpaste is not just for teeth but for spreading all over the sink.
9. It is necessary to tear apart every toy to see how it works.
At times it exhausts me and he often has had to "pay" us back for what he has destroyed. I get frustrated and angry and at times fail to deal with him with the patience I should. However, I believe strongly in how important it is to understand the natural bend of each child and help them to use their personality traits as a strength.
I love that he has a heart of wonder. I am thankful for his desire to understand and figure things out. I embrace his creative nature and pray for God to give me the wisdom to guide him in using these traits to honor Him. I am sure many more things will be impacted by this little man but his development and my love for him is more important than a tube of toothpaste.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hang in there!
And to color the iPad with a crayon!
Post a Comment