Saturday, December 22, 2012

Gray Christmas


I don't want to celebrate.  I don't feel excited.  This Christmas seems gray.  The  silver has a tarnished hue.  The gold has faded.  The red and green are pale and dull.  This is not how it's supposed to be.  I just don't want to rejoice right now.  I feel it is out of context in the midst of such sorrow.

I know that come Christmas Day the joy on my children's face will lighten this mood.  It will change when family begins to come.  But, for now, this is where I am.

The faces of beautiful babies taken from this world will hopefully be encompassed by the reality of one perfect baby coming to save.  The faces of those I love who are gone will be overshadowed by an angel's message, "Emmanuel, God with us."  It will come.  These truths will lighten my world.  It will not erase the gray but comfort me in it.

No comments: