"Give me a Jesus who meets me in the rushing, crashing waters of my questions. Let me stand precariously close to the dark and menacing skies of doubt, so I can hear the fierce and gentle loving voice of my Jesus who drowns out my fears and stands just beyond my questions with open arms." -Mike Yaconelli from Dangerous Wonder
When I was young, I had a special place I would go to escape. I would run to a pond behind our house past a farmer's field. The fences around the field were worn and broken down so it was easy to slip through them to get to the pond.
This picture of one of those fences always reminds me of my little pond up on the hill. It was there that I found my sanctuary to wrestle with whatever was battling in my heart. It was my safe place to ask the questions I was afraid to ask any place else. It was were I would meet with Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment