I am someone who has been molded and shaped through the many paths and places I have walked...I have seen little and much...I believe but struggle to have faith...I desire to know God but still at times run from him...I desire life but at times lack the bravery to chase after it...I am me but all that that entails is still a mystery.
Thursday, December 15, 2005
Drama, Drama, Drama
I love teaching...it is so fun and I really enjoy teaching jr. high and high school most of the time but the hardest part for me is the small christian school culture. I grew up going to public school...it was small but still fun. CCA is very small and it just seems the smaller it is the bigger the smallt things become! I know some of it is typical high school stuff but some of it is just dumb. And it's not just the students...the newest dress code discussion is over hooded sweatshirts...they can wear them if they are not a sweatshirt material or if they have a zipper because it looks nicer but not the big baggy ones...not all of the faculty and staff agree on this and some think the kids don't think it's a big deal but a lot of them see how we are majoring on something really minor. There is so much that is blow up to be bigger than it is and so when the big issues come like pregnancy, sex, homosexuality we don't have the energy to deal with it. Don't get me wrong...I don't hate it, I just hate how this subculture is created and how it sometimes creates egocentric and well fed babies who know a ton but don't know how to live it all the time and struggle to relate to the real world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment