Friday, December 16, 2005

Timing

So in anticipation of a snowday last night I stayed up a little later and worked on getting things done around the house. I would have been ok if we had school but looked forward to sleeping in if we didn't...so I wake up a 5 am and check and have difficulty falling back asleep...just as i am finally asleep my husband's alarm begins going off and for the next 2 hours every ten minutes the cycle continues. I receive the school closed call at 6:15 and feel maybe i can relax but I cannot handle this alarm thing knowing as soon as i dose off i will be awaked again so i enter the land of xanga blogging and catch up while our neighbors vigoriously snow blow the driveway. Finally my husband gets up (and tells me he couldn't fall asleep last night until early morning thus the inability to get up when planned.) and i am finally able to sleep only to be awaked by the neighbor boy (who had school off to) playing his music loud enough that the bass is rocking the wall...so i get up and prepare to face the pile of research papers that need to be graded.

On a side note...my husband and I have found a small guilty pleasure in the form of i-tunes...really addicted...buy only the songs you really want and you don't get stuck with an album of 10 other songs you really don't care about...I have had fun finally collecting all of my favorite country songs...yes...the girl from marathon loves those sentimental country songs that tell stories...so needless to say it's fun!

No comments: