I am someone who has been molded and shaped through the many paths and places I have walked...I have seen little and much...I believe but struggle to have faith...I desire to know God but still at times run from him...I desire life but at times lack the bravery to chase after it...I am me but all that that entails is still a mystery.
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Drive By Shopping
So this town in our area was having a town wide garage sale and my neighbor couldn't go like we planned so my husband decided to go to hunt for a grill. It is he who coined the title phrase. Now, to say this was a town is exaggerating. It is a bunch of spread out roads all intersecting somehow. Luckily they had a map of the area and a listing of what houses were participating. The only problem was my husband does not trust my map reading skills and did not look at it before we went thus insuing a discussion of "are you sure" and "where in the world are we?". It was not extremely spectacular but we did end up with some good finds - a large crock for $3, an old copy of The Praire by Cooper, some cloth napkins, a basket for the nursery, a bag full of baby clothes $5, an old stitched picture, a teenage mutant ninja turtle kite for my brother, some tires (every place had tires...so weird), a diper genie $3, and for my husband, a trumpet. Yep, a trumpet. He used to play and misses having one so we found one and bartered for $50. Not bad for a mornings work. I also taught him the need for early arrival. I'll train him yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good work!!!
it's tough trainin' them, but eventually, they figure it out.
Robb is actually planning an overnigh t get-a-way the next time we do a community-wide sale.
Post a Comment