What I have learned so far in my first pregnancy...the 20 week reflection.
- Regularity...it is now an oxymoron unless you eat half a pineapple or your talking about gas.
- Sex...it's an oxymoron too...along with the lack of regularity.
- Fashion...moving from does this look good to does this make it look like my belly is actually pregnancy and/or does it look like I can house the 7 dwarfs in this getup.
- The Milkers...now their own separate entity, there growing pains make me feel like I'm already a cow needing to come in for milking with sagging bags.
- The Belly...one thing you used to try to hide as much as possible is now not only the attraction for others and a need to dress appropriately, but the new found exploration for the better half...who tends to talk to it and touch it more than the wife.
- Emotions...the hit like a killer thunderstorm, especially when the better half makes a prize comment and you forget...oh yeah...I am taking things personally...as you remind him...hello, I'm pregnant...I can't handle joking around about my size.
- Cute...hadn't heard that term for myself since oh, 3rd grade...it has now become my new label.
- Food...let's just say...the stomach has become it's own schizophrenic entity in which one day something sounds so lovely (ie. pineapple) and the next day...no thank you but I would kill for some mac and cheese and hot dogs...can anyone say pb and j for breakfast?
- The "Glow"...I think they try to just call it that so in your emotional state you don't freak out as much about the fact that you now have an oil field on your face that is sprouting more acne than a 7th grader.
- Flutters...yep...I spend my time speculating if that was the baby moving or more gas...how pleasant is that?
- Size...you start looking at everything little with the utmost reverence...shoes, sweaters, pine cones (seriously...our tree has cute little baby pine cones and my husband laughed when I got all cutesy about it)...and then you go to the other extreme...big....will these pants be big enough?
- Sleep...yep...I now have to make sure I have my pillows to sleep with and they take preference...it's sad.
I know this is tongue in cheek and I love that I am having a baby but I have to learn to laugh over it or I'll cry...seriously...bawl like a...well you get the idea.
9 comments:
ahhhh but you don't know true mood swings until you hit those post-birth swings. right after yael was born my first week was a little touch and go. my mom was helping (we had a 900 sq. ft. apartment) and everytime tim came home i would run back to the bedroom with him, lay on the bed and cry my eyes out for who knows what reason. it was totally uncontrollable and hit me earlier every time. i don't like to cry as it is and crying with absolutely no reason at all is mortifying. and to think i want to do it all over again = )
ah yes...I remember this well...
how far along are you? Have you hit the five month mark? I could be five months pregant permanently....good hair, always hungry, sex was still angularly possible, and did I mention how hungry I was???? Of course, I did have the bionic nose thing. Robb used to have to hold his coffee out the car window because I couldn't stand it.
I actually burst into tears one day while walking by the Rocky Mountain Candy Company because Robb didn't immediately sense my need for a carmel apple rolled in white chocolate and cinnamon.
yeah. pregnancy is weird. When someone else is occupying your body with you, "normal" goes out the window....
I also recall the baby blues...had them big time with Vin. And night sweats...like menopausal-quality, drenched. Apparently crying was not getting the hormones flushed out quick enough.
The milkers...ha ha! Of course for a flat chested wonder such as myself, we called it a visit from the Titty Fairy.
Oooohhhh one other good one...have you started with the intense dreams? I had the craziest ones. I beat Robb black and blue one night for having an affair. The poor guy didn't even know why I was cursing him out!
And leg cramps?!!!
Heidi...you're up for it again????
Amy, don't worry...you are CUTE!!!!
this really but a smile on my face, i cant wait to have a baby...
your so lucky..
i just wanted to say Koool Blog... love your posts
Ah yes, a perpetual state of hunger...a big part of why I'm on a quest to lose 60 lbs = )
I used to be able to wring my pillow out in the morning it was so wet. I would also sleep on towels due to that and the two "old faithfuls" on my chest.
The dreams are out of control!!! HA! To this day if I have one that sounds a little crazy I have to convince Tim I'm not pregnant = )
Yep, one more should do. Now that we're outnumbered its not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Just don't mention it on my blog...the family thinks we're done ; )
I'm glad the weird dreams are normal...I've had them worse than ever and I already have an overactive imagination.
Right now I'm 20 weeks. I am sometimes hungry but it is never for anything we have in the house.
I also make Kevin grill outside a lot lately and I used to love the smell of coffee and now his stinks!
reading all these things makes me laugh so hard. love the idea of holding the coffee out the window = ) will be keeping that in mind!
in february. in new england. The poor guy had to get gloves.
Of course a couple of weeks later, I was sending him out to this same Dumkin Donuts for bagel egg and cheese sandwiches...about every three hours.
No wonder the stretch marks got the best of me.
I also fell asleep on my desk...during a phone demonstration by the tech.
I couldn't however, even drive by Friendly's without gagging...this endured for my entire pregnancy with Mattie. There was something about it that just put me over the edge.
Heidi...you are amazing. I wish I knew if I was good for it again. I feel too old....it's been almost six years since I had a baby!
"never for anything we have in the house."
LOL
Oh yeah...sent Robb out for REAL Cheerios-no generic kind would do-at 11:30 at night. They just sounded so good, I couldn't sleep for thinking about how much I wanted them.
it has been so fun laughing over this! My newest adventure is seeing when my belly button is going to pop.
Post a Comment