Friday, July 27, 2007

Going Batty

Have not had too much of a chance to sit down and "chat" because we are literally going batty. We had killed one bat in our bedroom before we left for camp. Upon arrival home we found 2 dead. 2 days later Kevin killed another in our living room. After that my husband began the research phase of this story...going on every website about bats possible. He found out that they fly out to eat right before dusk, so he bribed me to come out and help him count how many flew out from the grate at the top of my house (that is where my neighbor, Kandi, saw them coming out). Well, I stopped counting at 100 and went inside. The next day 2 deacons came over for a count and got about 130. So, tomorrow an exterminator is coming...they actually "evict" the bats, bat proof the house, and then clean. The thing is if there are 100 showing themselves there are way more. It is their roosting season so there are lots of baby bats too. And I had to move everything out of what was to be the nursery because the stench is so bad from right above it. I'm just praying we don't have to tear out walls and ceilings. The parsonage was vacant for over 2 years before we moved in so they have lived in the house longer and we will probably have a fight on our hands. Yep...I'm going batty...oh, and my husband bought a batman shirt because of it.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

oh my...Robb would have moved out. He is NOT batman.

Heidi said...

Whoa! I don't even know what to say... I think I would want to move out too.