
The Background...
We live in a rural area where we have to take our garbage to the dump. This is a task that usually falls on my husband and during the summer we try to go often so we don't have to deal with smelly garbage.
Sunday...
Preparing for missionaries to come to our house for lunch, getting the final touches done, and realizing we need to drop a bag off at the dump and pick something up at the local gas station. Kevin also requesting I get there somewhat early to greet said missionaries.
The dump...
Pulling up to the place where they weigh your garbage, there is a spot to the left where people leave larger items. I usually ignore it but I was drawn to 2 lawn chairs in fairly good shape. However, not believing I had the room in our small car, I leave.
After thinking about them all the way to the gas station and heading back, I place a call to church to see if there is any one there with a truck. My husband, concerned about my arrival time, just asks me to get there. I determine I may be able to fit them in my car so I will stop quickly.
After attempting to load them in for a few minutes, I send out a prayer, knowing this is a must not miss thing but not knowing what to do. I then ask a man in a truck dropping off his garbage if he is heading to Brant Lake (only a mile down the road is the church) and offer him gas money to transport said chairs. He refuses the money and graciously becomes an answer to prayer.
Church...
I arrive to my husband rushing out the door wondering where I had been and stating the obvious, I was late....BUT...I got two awesome chairs for FREE!
1 comment:
my husband would have killed me for that....taking free chairs from the dump and being late to church when there were missionaries??!!!!!
It would be my favorite crime, too.
Post a Comment