Thursday, November 20, 2008

Trip South Part 1

Been away from blogging for a week as we headed down to visit family. Kevin was hunting with a group of guys so I took time with mom to go visit my grandparents.
There was a lot of fun times but it is hard to see grandpa declining. Mom shared with me on the way out that she was not sure of his spiritual state. Saturday evening he had a bad evening and we were really concerned. As I woke up Sunday morning I was so burden for his spiritual state and begged God for an opportunity to talk with him.
I had almost given up but as we were getting to say goodbye he seemed to be very lucid (he has dementia so that does not happen often) and I knelt down beside him. I looked him in the eyes, told him I love him, and asked if I could ask him one question. I then asked him if he knew he was going to heaven. He said, "I'm not sure." So, I asked him if he wanted to know and he said yes. I was then able to pray with him!!

I was nervous that he may not have completely understood so I told my mom and aunt and they started to cry. Then said if he understood enough to answer then he understood. I asked him later if he was going to heaven and he answered, "Yep!" It has really been the testimony of Mom and Dad for so many years that prepared him for this minute. I am so thankful for what God did.
My other little blessing while out there was the fact I was able to get this pic. Anyone who has been around Jack knows he does not stop moving so pictures are much more difficult. So to get him to sit still on Grandpa's lap was amazing but to get both of them smiling...a miracle.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Praise God that is so wonderful :)

Future of Hope said...

Amy,
What a powerful testimony to years of prayer and preparation.
God bless you for listening to the Spirit's urging!