So I found out the other day that the speaker we anticipated coming for our mother daughter tea couldn't come...thus the pastor's wife is recruited. I am also teaching our ladies sunday school class for this quarter using Having a Mary Spirit. Kevin has also talked to me about sharing during the mother's day service next Sunday. So, needless to say my head has been spinning but I love it. Especially when my stomach is a little chaotic, it's nice to have something else to think about. I actually get very excited to come up with creative ways to share concepts from God's word. I actually tend to mull over things for quite a while and allow them to develop as I think it through. It has been cool to see how things are coming together.
I am continuing to learn what being a fireman's wife means. Kevin has had multiple calls each day because of people burning brush. Yesterday they actually had to fight a forest fire. It's hard that he is on call but I am learning to trust God. The hardest part for me is that most of our area doesn't have cell phone service so even if he wanted to let me know how long he was going to be, he can't. We are going to end up getting a scanner so at least I can know a little bit about what's going on and where the call is at. I am proud of him and his heart to serve the community.
Jack has also taken on a new public persona. He has always been very friendly, saying hello to everyone. But, lately he has also decided to make his presence know by talking very loudly and making sounds to find out if his voice echoes. We are trying various things to help him use his indoor voice but really...what can you do?? He definitely keeps us on our toes and as his vocabulary has grown I am trying to help him to learn to use his words instead of cave man grunts or whines.
I am also looking forward to starting the garden in a few weeks. There are certain things I love about spring, the variety of green color, the tulips and daffodils, and starting our plants. I am also looking forward to the summer fruit...cherries, blueberries, strawberries...nothing beats it.
We had a follow up visit with the heart dr. and everything looks great. We will have one more follow up in a year and if all is well, he will be released as their patient. The funny thing was, watching him have an ultrasound on his heart and looking at his heartbeat when on Monday I had an ultrasound for the baby and heard it's heartbeat. God has truly blessed us!
1 comment:
Amen sister!
Post a Comment