Thursday morning I woke up at 6:15 thinking I must have eaten something that definitely didn't agree with me due to some discomfort on my right side. I then wondered if I had pulled something. I decided to get up and drink some water, take a shower, and just get moving to see if I would feel better. I tried to sleep again but just could not get comfortable.
A few hours later the pain was intense enough I couldn't find a comfortable position and really did not feel well. I even ended up losing what was in my stomach about 3 times (the first time in either pregnancy I threw up) After talking with my mom and Kevin, we decided to take me to a walk in center, since my Dr.'s office wasn't open yet. My concern was for the baby, though it wasn't braxton hicks or any pain related to my pregnancy.
At the walk in center they allowed me to go right in and after answering a ton of questions they were concerned enough to send me down to the hospital ER. So, we pile back into the car and keep driving south.
The ER ended up being an all day thing with a ton of tests, moving me from room to room, 2 ultrasounds, and finally the ER Dr. saying..."We don't know what to do with you." They consulted with an OB that is a part of the OB group, and a the Dr. on call and they decided to check me into the hospital overnight for observation. They're biggest concern was that it was my appendix and because I am pregnant, they cannot do a CAT scan without some danger to the baby.
The pain subsided Thursday evening and came back a little bit on Friday in the early AM and then was gone. It ended up being a lot of waiting, answering questions, and blood work. My hemoglobin was down so they debated keeping me again, but finally decided to release me at about 6 pm on Friday. I was ordered to take it easy and make sure I had my hemoglobin checked out this week at my OB appt.
I am feeling better and trying not to do so much. The OB basically said it could have been a lot of things from passing some Kidney gravel to an upper GI infection. The most amazing part of all of it was my husband. We ended up having Jack with us both days and he was amazing with all of it. He has done so much at home as well. I am so thankful for the wonderful husband and father he is and how much he has taken care of both of us through all this.
So, maybe if Dr. House was my Dr. they may have figured it out...but I am greatful for all of the Dr.'s and Nurses that took care of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment