I am usually a birthday fanatic...i count down the days and look forward with great anticipation! This year with a newborn and a two year old my life was way too filled with nursing, diapers, and a cold so I wasn't even aware of it's approach to count down. When Mom and Dad called that morning to remind me I was the big 35, I almost forgot it was my birthday. Because of this cold and having a college and career get together, we haven't had a chance to go out a celebrate but, that's ok.
I am suprised at myself though. I am not shook up about it like I thought I would be. 30 didn't really rock me either. Maybe my life is just too full of youth and life with Jack and Emma to feel old right now.
I do know I'm older though. I think some of the new fashions look dumb. I am not even sure what some of the fashions are. I know the music I like is old school. I realize that most of the shows I liked are in major reruns. I realize that high school is way far gone.
So here's to the big 35.
oh...and comparison pics of the 2 kids at the same age are coming...I promise!
2 comments:
(Oh, yay - cannot wait to see the pics!)
And here's to 35 - hope it's great! Glad you get to experience it before me! {wink} hee hee
Happy Birthday :)
Post a Comment