First, to be honest...lovely friends of mine with more than 2 kids...I don't know how you do it but you are my heroes!! Life with 2 has been an incredible challenge, adventure and sometimes a comedy of errors. Especially when one seems to be nursing all the time and the other one getting into everything, repeats everything, and gives a play by play of everything that is happening. In one week he ended up getting into a whole box of Oregon Chai packets and playing with the "sand", finding a can of comet and decorating the floor with it, plunging the toilet, pouring my mouthwash down the sink, and spreading butt paste and lotion all over himself multiple times.
I have found that my adage is right...a family that poops together stays together. It's honestly been clockwork. The last week they have had major poops at the same time. She has blown out all her clothes and even on to mom and he has stunk up the house. We end up doing joint baths and then I have them side by side as I get diapers on and get them dressed. This probably sounds like every day stuff for the veteran moms out there...
Sunday morning was especially exciting. I had not gone to sunday school the first few weeks after she was born but had made it last week easily and was ready for another morning of smooth sailing. Jack went and hid in the corner he goes to whenever he has to poop and did his business in his diaper with Emma finishes nursing. As I get ready to get up and take care of Jack, Emma poops so bad it goes all the way down my pj shirt.
So, I take both kids into the bathroom with Jack's foul stench following and am up to my elbows in poop. I get the bath ready and then try to clean them up enough to put them in the tub. I finished up with emma in her tub seat and was trying her off when I heard a grunt from Jack. Then, "I poopy in the tub". Yep...so nice.
So, I get him cleaned up again, clean out and then thoroughly bleach the tub and take them both upstairs to get dressed. I finally finished with two clean and dressed kids when I heard some sounds from Emma...luckily it was just gas but by that time...I was pooped from dealing with poop. Trying to get to church with a worship frame of mind after that was really challenging.
No comments:
Post a Comment