along with keeping up with the house and Jack. I am very thankful for a wonderful husband who has been helping a ton, especially with meals. He is a better cook than I am. I don't know how I would get through this without him.
I also battled a cold for over a week and that made it even more difficult. It's sad, but I didn't end up leaving the house for almost 2 weeks. Thankfully I am feeling better and was even finally able to go out for my birthday and even do some shopping. I found some great deals on bath and body stuff, a winter coat, and a cute purse...which always makes me smile! We even finished off the day with cheesecake...my favorite birthday dessert.
I am hoping that this week we can really start to get into a routine. However, there are those nights where sleep is rare that I know I need to remember to factor in. I tend to have very high expectations for myself about how I should function as a wife and mother. Things like how I should be able to have my house in order at all times, that I should have all these healthy meals prepared, that I should be doing all these things...but sometimes my physical energy and my mental desire are truly in a dichotomy. I am trying to give myself time and be realistic but those inklings come in often.
But, those times when I take a moment to look in her eyes, I remember what really matters.
2 comments:
Glad to hear you're feeling better & starting to feel like getting into the swing of things.
Emma is so long! She has such long legs!
I didn't know that you were on here!! I am so excited to have found you!! I miss you a ton! I look forward to reading your posts!!!
Post a Comment