Saturday, February 20, 2010

Valentines Day Weekend

My husband has always done an awesome job of gift giving, especially on Valentines Day.  After returning home from being at Mom and Dad's for the week (a trip to my Grandparents was postponed due to a flu bug), I found these on the kitchen table along with chocolates, a card for me, and flowers for my mom (there were actually 9 roses for the 9 years we have been married).  The most special thing for me was seeing him start showing that love to our daughter with the bear and card.  I think it is so important for girls to have that from their dads.  I remember my dad getting us a little something along with a gift for Mom.


Mom and Dad actually brought me back up and stayed for the weekend and we decided to go to Saranac Lake for their winter carnival.  It was so nice to spend time with them, and even though it was cold, it was worth it.  Emma stayed bundled up in the stroller and Jack enjoyed exploring the ice castle.  It was also cool to see one of the local churches giving out free donuts and hot chocolate for everyone...


I was so excited to capture this picture because to me it encompasses Fatherhood.  Kevin is a great dad and is so good with Jack.  I am so glad my children have an awesome dad and grandparents!


It was hard to have Mom and Dad head out on Sunday but life did not slow down.  Emma spiked a fever Sunday night and it was difficult for me to deal with emotionally because there was very little I could do for her.  After some chatting with the nurses in peds and finally a visit to the office, she has ear drops and a follow up visit scheduled.  Some of it is probably just a cold and the rest may be something with her ear but they can't tell because there is a bunch of wax build up.  The drops will help break this up.

I am pretty drained taking care of her, keeping up with Jack and trying to do things for Kevin since he is coming down with a cold as well.  I find my patience wearing thin sometimes and know I need to get into the word to give me the strength to be the godly mom and wife I need to be.  I am bummed that I won't be able to go to church tomorrow but Emma really needs to be home.  I love sitting under my husband's teaching and am blessed by the fellowship of our church family.  But, I want to take some time tomorrow for my own little personal time with God and I pray that I make it the priority it needs to be...

1 comment:

Kayli said...

my dad always got something for me too on valentine's day, (he still does) it always made me feel special.
There is something for you on my blog, come see!