Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday's Monday Meals

My friend Jennifer Riese is doing a Monday Meals blog and I have decided to share one of my yummy dinners.  Obviously it is not Monday but Monday tends to be our family day and grocery shopping day, so meals are either eating out or low key.

Tonight, Kevin had a few meetings so I tried to get dinner going early, but knew that he wasn't going to be able to grill (which he usually does on beautiful days like this).  So, I wanted to find something both quick and easy.

I had defrosted pork chops but was struggling for inspiration, since I don't really like them just fried. 
Well, I went to my recipe books and found  a few recipes from Reynolds wrap.  They are all fairly simple.  You put the meat, seasonings and any veggies on foil and wrap them in little pockets.  From there you can either bake them or grill them.

I chose to bake them  - 400 degrees for 16-18 min. boneless or 20 min. bone-in.  My seasoning choice was barbaque sauce but they also had an asian style, an Italian dressing style, and a cream of mushroom style.  I put in onions but the asian style called for stir fry veggies, Italian called for California style veggies and the cream of mushroom suggested green peppers.

I served mine with quick cooking brown rice and some veggies!!  VERY simple!

No comments: