I wanted to take a few minutes to explain, in my layman's understanding, what Jack and Emma's heart "issue" is. Emma is scheduled to have her procedure May 17th and Jack was released as a patient with the Pediatric Cardiologist last year. I know that I lack a lot of the Medical terminology so this is a very basic and not by any means a complete explanation of the issue.
Jack and Emma were both diagnosed with what's called paten ductus arteriosis (PDA). Basically a small artery outside their heart (there to bypass the lungs while in the womb) did not close after birth like it should have. So, the Dr.'s have to do a catherization in order to put a stint in and close it up. Once the procedure is done they will check her occasionally to make sure it went well but the tissue will grow around it and it will not have to be done again. It is a outpatient procedure so it will only be a day.
This is not at all related to Jack's loss of hair. That is it's own separate issue that you can read about here:
http://paradoxicalpen.blogspot.com/2010/11/his-hair-loss-and-my-pride.html
No comments:
Post a Comment