I am someone who has been molded and shaped through the many paths and places I have walked...I have seen little and much...I believe but struggle to have faith...I desire to know God but still at times run from him...I desire life but at times lack the bravery to chase after it...I am me but all that that entails is still a mystery.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
The World of IBD
I now life in the world of IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) in the form of Ulcerative Colitis. Right now this means that I have alot of anti-inflammatory drugs to take and I never know when something I eat will disagree with me. It has knocked me off my feet some days and I have had to rethink my eating. I am afraid that what I eat is going to upset my system later on so I am leary of everything. Some days I forget that I have it and other days I am miserable all day long. I have had a ton of tests and procedures and am going to be meeting with a nutritionist to help me map out a safe eating plan. I have about 8 books from the library I am reading to begin to understand what I am facing. I truly am learning to rely not only on God but on the body of Christ. I can't keep up with everything and I can't do it all the way I want it and I have had to let that go. I am thankful for a husband who is so supportive and looks out for me. I could not face it without God's grace and my husband's support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't know if I told you but my husband has this disease as well. It is definitely no fun. I've been told that what to eat and not to eat is different for every patient with UC. My husbands needs to avoid greasy foods, spicy foods, lettuce, brocoli, whole grains, fiber...ect. The greasy foods we get, the spicy foods we get, but the things that are "supposed" to be healthy for you that ends up sending him into a hospital, or home sick for days...that we don't get and is probably are biggest struggle.
My husbands biggest symptom through it all though has been his lack of energy...I'm sure you have felt it too...It's hard to do things when your body isn't getting the nutrients it is supposed to from the foods you eat. I think meeting with a nutritionist is a great idea!
Post a Comment