Monday, April 08, 2013

The Elephant is Thundering Through

I have spent time talking on my blog about my own struggles with a chemical imbalance.  I have shared  a blog post on a friend's blog as well.  I believe there is a conversation to be had.  In light of those who have lost loved ones or been impacted by this of late the time has come for the church to be the church for those who are hurting.

I do not know anyone who would choose to struggle with depression or a chemical imbalance.  I know many people who feel alone.  I know a lot of people who feel as if they cannot talk about it.  I know how it feels to pray about it over and over in hopes of getting over it.  I know what it feels like to hear and struggle to believe that maybe you're not spiritual enough or do not have enough faith to overcome it.

The elephant is still in the room but it is now thundering through and it will not be ignored.

No comments: