I am someone who has been molded and shaped through the many paths and places I have walked...I have seen little and much...I believe but struggle to have faith...I desire to know God but still at times run from him...I desire life but at times lack the bravery to chase after it...I am me but all that that entails is still a mystery.
Sunday, November 27, 2005
Complete Adulthood
Popular culture and a well meaning community inundate those who are emerging into adulthood with particular beliefs...the necessary first belief: one must be married and thus after that has taken place the second belief is harped upon: one must have children. It almost creates a necessity to define oneself by the success of accomplishing these proposed actions. It is assumed that somehow one is not complete without it. Cutlure is even wrapped up in it...how much marketing is engulfed in marriage or babies/children...and those who are not somehow accomplishing this are constantly bombarded with the images of their failure...it is then so ingrained into their souls that somehow they are alienated from normal society and have therefore failed. That their life is somehow lakcing because of what they don't have and somehow they are left convinced that they are not whole.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment