Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter

Andrew and Kat (his wonderful girlfriend)
Mom and Dad, Mel, Drew, and Kat were all here for Easter and I realized my house is not as big as I thought it was...but we still had fun and it was just nice to be around them! Kevin did a walk through for our Good Friday Service and it was really cool. Then we had the usual sunrise service, breakfast, sunday school, church thing but it was fun and I was excited to introduce our church family to my family! I'm having to get use to a quiet house again and I miss my family but I am thankful they could come up! Hopefully next time they come up it will be sunny and not snowy!

I did however realize that I am a creature of order and with a lack of rooms for everyone (sleeping on the living room on a blow up matress for some and on a couch for another) things were strewn all over...it was a little hard to take. I also found out I am very full of pride...I wanted everything to be perfect and to be able to do it all but I pushed myself and ended up with a headache and stomach ache and had to have help cooking. Kevin kept reminding me to ask for help because I am pregnant...but it was so hard because I wanted to be this great hostess and I felt like a failure when mom beat me to the dishes. I wanted them to love my new house and the area we lived in and yet it snowed and was cold...the coldest easter on record and we couldn't enjoy things outside like I hoped we could. I get going with all these expectations and don't even realize it and then when everyone leaves I get down because of it...I am not usually this bad but I hate blaming hormones...I just need to let God kick me in the butt.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

It's totally normal.

Okay, maybe it's not, but I feel like that too... only lately, since we moved to AR, I am just grateful for any help I can get : ) I love it when Mars comes because it's cleaner than normal.

And no matter how out at ends it feels, there is something great about having a housefull.

(and all of a sudden, convertable furniture starts looking good to you....loved our futon!)

relax. They had fun.

Anonymous said...

There's those crazy love birds...lol.

It actually sounds like everyone had a great Easter even if it was cramped.

Remember family just like to be around family...they still love you even if you aren't perfect. :)

Heidi said...

I am the same way. And I think its worse during pregnancy, not an excuse, just the way God made us. Although I will say that multiple kids has forced me to learn how not to sweat the small stuff.

akr said...

I am learning not to. I do have a futon on our list of must haves especially since our air matress has some air holding problems. It's just weird because my mom seems to always do things effortlessly and I wish I could sometimes...but maybe I don't see the flubs.