Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Red Dot Time

So, I have been going so much that time for personal reflection has fallen off the top of the list and more for the fact that I don't want to deal with the crap hitting the fan with already being emotional and pregnant. But in stopping and starting to think I have realized a higher level of anxiety that I have been feeling. The funny thing is I don't feel like it is about the normal stuff...labor, taking care of the baby, ect. I am more anxious about the crazy things that are going to go on with my body afterward and how I am going to cope emotionally. No sleep=emotional unbalance...what do you get with a new baby? No sleep. The whole ppd stuff is freaky too. Don't get me wrong...I'm excited for this little one to come but seriously...what am I getting myself into?

3 comments:

Sara said...

I don't know what ppd is, maybe that's a good thing? Oh wait i just figured it out, i think?

Also, i know that i'm not any where close to having a baby but believe it or not I too freak out about the whole lack of sleep thing.

That one thought sometimes makes me not want to have a baby, because i too get emotionally imbalanced and proaned to depression when that happens.

I will keep praying for you,

Vanessa said...

well, it's a trip and i'm not gonna lie about it...

but lots of women have done it before us and lots will do it after us, so you know you can do it too.

You look great, by the way. I was too freaked out to comment on the bats, but please tell me they are all gone!!!!

akr said...

the bats are gone and we will know in a day or two when they will come and do the clean up. The church insurance will cover a hotel stay while the clean up is going on so that is a blessing!