Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Daddy's Handiwork

My dad took up woodworking awhile ago and now my home is filled with his rustic creations. I wholeheartedly love his work but he felt only his family did. I made it my mission to spread the word and as of last week Russell Warner's Camp Work Rustics is being sold in a retail store. A wonderful artist in our town has a cute little shop with a menagerie of antiques, paintings, etc. I love her shop and approached her about selling some of Dad's stuff. Once she saw it she was excited. My next adventure is getting his stuff on Etsy.

I also went garage saling this weekend and found some awesome deals! We traveled to quite a few and I found an old fashion toy apple that dongs like a bell, some Junie books and some clothes for Jack. Then we came upon one in a very nice house and though we thought it would be one of those price everything high places we decided to try it. Well, don't judge a book by it's cover. Man, I made out like a bandit! I found 4 windows, 2 shudders, and 2 doors for dad to work with and I only paid $13.oo. Then...for free I snagged...a bath tub mat, stackable bins, a box of magazine organizers, a vacuum (a nice one and it works), a cool old tool for dad, some glasses, and a cool jar. I love a deal!!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

TOO FUN!

I have been shopping with only about half a brain lately. I would love to use up a day just shopping the sales instead of squeezing one or two in when kids or hubby will put up with it...

Hooray for Etsy!