Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A few of my favorite things

Being a mom my mind goes first to what I use for Jack






  1. Baby Einstein...he loves the music...we put it on every night for him to fall asleep and play the videos sometimes when he's having a hard day
  2. I love this little toy...it goes everywhere with us! It plays music, has fun things to play with, and as he grows older it teaches numbers, colors, and composers.

For Mommy

  1. Auntie Anne's Almond Crunch Pretzel with Caramel Dip...yep...my little splurge when we go shopping
  2. Sales - garage sales, thrift shops, and even Penney's sales rack where I find $30.00 dress pants for $1.79
  3. Root beer floats...I don't usually drink soda but someone brought root beer to a girls night we had and I had a hankering and it has become a nice little treat
  4. The library...I have always been an avid reader and love to wander around the library looking for the next good read...my favorite is action/mystery...know any good clean authors? My favorite right now is Mary Higgins Clark.
  5. Herbs from my garden and the smell of the lilacs on my lilac bush.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm always looking for a good mystery! Do you have any suggestions? I've read through so many different series...Clark, Christie, Cornwell, Perry...

I LOVE Anne Perry's Thomas and Charlotte Pitt series. The first one is called The Cater Street Hangman. They are set in Victorian England...one of the reasons I like them so much.

akr said...

I have been wanting to try out some new ones. I have some favorite christian authors who do a great job with mysteries...Terri Blackstock, Dee Henderson, Ted Dekker, Robert Whitlow, and Kristen Heitzmann.

I love Mary Higgins, Agatha, and sort of like Carol Higgins Clark (Mary's daughter)...she tends to be more punny but still suspense filled. I hate gory or too much swearing ect. so I really hesitant to try a new author. I'll have to check out Ann Perry

I do like Clive Cussler for a different twist and John Grisham, though his sometimes sound the same.