Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Finger Foods

I took the time about 2 weeks ago to really stock up on my homemade baby food. About a week later Jack started showing an interest in finger foods. So, our new adventure in food begins. This was the first time to try peas and he was chomping them up like they were going out of style. He is also getting used to the camera and gave me some photo faces.



2 comments:

Heidi said...

way to go making your own baby food! i'm hoping to do the same. of course they always decide they don't want it as soon as you stock up = )

akr said...

It was so much easier than I thought and way cheaper. All I needed was a blender and ice cube trays. I could also control what is in it and could make it the consistancy I wanted. I still use it and just add lumpier stuff to it.

I have even done chicken and rice and pork and whole wheat pasta. I blend them in the juice I cook them in (I poached the chicken and we had already cooked the pork tenderloin for pulled pork)

I did the mix it up trick when he didn't like something. I did a bunch of butternut squash and jack didn't like it so i mixed it with other stuff.

I also found the veg. and fruit purees are great for adding into stuff. I added some carrot puree into pancake mix with some cinnamon and nutmeg and it was great!