Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Best Laid Plans...

I had one of those "scheduled" weeks. You know, the ones where you have multiple things going every day. We had a death in our church and had calling hours and a funeral. I also had scheduled time with various people, along with a ladies event at the church. I was even going to get a chance to hang out with my friend Sara who was home for a few days from Kansas.

Well, Tuesday, I am working with some girls from WOLBI, helping make valentines for their boyfriends, when I started feeling sort of yucky. I thought it was something I ate. Then, Kevin yells frantically for me. I walk into the living room to see my son's first real experience with losing his stomach. Kevin takes him to the bath to clean up with I try to help the girls finish up and work on a ride. It then hits me and I pay homage to the porcelain throne.

Needless to say, my husband is freaking out because he in no way needs to get this as he has a funeral to do. He immediately tries to figure out how we can keep Jack contained to a spot that is easy to clean up (yes...you mothers are not rolling your eyes and laughing at that thought). He has since gone on to wipe down everything we touch with Clorox wipes.

We are quarantined to the living room though thankfully most of the chucking was contained in one night. I did give Jack a little piece of toast that didn't last, so his diet has been water, electrolyte drink, and saltines. My stomach is still not completely stable so I don't feel like I should go to the funeral and contaminate anyone...which is hard...I really want to be there.

We will see what today brings. Maybe we can progress to some rice. I may even try a banana. I guess the bright side is I haven't had to doing my calorie counting the past few days...although I had really been doing well at sticking to under 1200. We don't have a scale so I don't know if I have lost poundage but it feels good to be disciplined. I also like it because I don't have to restrict myself to not eating something...I just have to keep account of it and adjust or watch the portion size. Thanks to Wendy, I am also working on eating slower. It is more enjoyable that way too.

No comments: