Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Recovery and the Start of a New Week

I rejoiced yesterday at the sight of a normal poopy diaper...something I never thought I would do. But, after almost a week of changing stomach bug affected diapers, it was a sign that it may have finally passed. Unfortunately he just started pushing through another molar so we are up at night again. Luckily we had finally caught up on all the laundry the other day so I don't have piles of that to deal with.

I started feeling better on Friday and started getting my appetite back. With being sick I hadn't been worrying about counting calories and then once I had my appetite back again I wanted to enjoy food, so I have been "off the wagon" for a few days but I am planning on getting back on task today. This really seems to work well for me because I can still eat what I enjoy and not feel like I am restricted that way (which usually would cause me to indulge), but I just have to watch amounts and be more careful with planning. Plus, with writing it down, it keeps me accountable. I even picked up a cute little notebook yesterday to use...it was 30% off the dollar section at Target!

Speaking of deals...I have really been excited about the deals I have been able to get lately. I have become a big coupon person and am now learning to use manufacturers coupons on top of a store sale. So, the other day, Rite Aid had Cover Girl makeup buy one get one free. I needed a few things and thought I would check it out. I had 2 coupons for Cover Girl. One was $1.00 off one and the other was $2.50 off 2. So, I picked out to regular priced items and got the bogo and used the $2.50 coupon. Then, they had some foundation on clearance at 75% off and I used the $1.00 coupon. So, I ended up paying a little over $6.00 for $24.00 worth of product. Then, last week, our Price Chopper had triple manufacturers coupons. They had the conditioner I use 2 for $6.00 and I had a coupon that was $2.00 off of 2...I also used them for some chocolates for Valentines Day and some granola bars. We ended up paying sales tax on things but that was it. It is fun!!

So as we get going this week, I was able to take yesterday and go shopping to get out of the house and today I am hoping to get back into a routine with Jack and maybe even get some baking done or a closet or 2 organized. Kevin and I are also starting to talk through this years VBS as he is handing over some of the reigns to me, so I am starting to research and plan. I also have to work on SPIGS for Junior Weeks, which I am really excited about.

On friday there is a book sale at the library and then story time. I took Jack 2 weeks ago and was able to connect with some other moms and he really enjoyed it too...she not only reads a book or 2 but plays guitar and sings as well. So we have that to look forward to as well (i am a huge sucker for book sales).

1 comment:

Sara said...

I just love it when i can score a good deal too :)