Saturday, April 03, 2010

A Good Friday

It was an amazing Friday, a great Friday, a blessed Friday...on Good Friday.

We did not do the traditional Good Friday Service, we served.  We didn't sing a bunch of hymns, we worshiped through relationships.  This is not to say that services and hymns are bad.  But, God brought about an incredible Friday....

I really try to take the kids to story time most Friday mornings to meet up with my friend Stacy and her daughter Anna.  We met at story time and have become great friends.  Usually we grab lunch together and then I rush off to teach class.  We weren't having class today, so on a whim, I invited them over for lunch.  It was sort of a grab what we have type of lunch but we all enjoyed it and then took the kids out to play.  They ended up staying most of the afternoon. 

I know Stacy is Catholic and prayed that maybe God would open the door for some good conversation.  I was able to have a great talk about the differences in our beliefs and discuss the true meaning of Easter.  It was awesome!  I love sharing the story of God's love for us and it is amazing when the opportunity opens up to have such great converstations about it.

Later on a college student friend of ours came to hang out and chat with Kevin.  He had a great time encouraging him and I had fun giving some input on girl stuff from a female perspective.  It is awesome to see college students that love God and want to seek his will.

While Kevin was chatting and Jack had fallen asleep, I slipped over to my good friend and neighbor, Kandis.  I had some Easter treats for Her, Matt, and Theigen.  It has been so exciting to see how God is working in their family and how we have begun to see God answer prayer about different situations they have been facing!  God is soooo good!

People are who Jesus came to save and what a blessing it is to see God working in people's lives...that makes it a Good Friday!

No comments: