I am someone who has been molded and shaped through the many paths and places I have walked...I have seen little and much...I believe but struggle to have faith...I desire to know God but still at times run from him...I desire life but at times lack the bravery to chase after it...I am me but all that that entails is still a mystery.
Friday, April 02, 2010
The Easter Season
To be honest, I tend to struggle with Easter. I know this is a shockingly unchristian statement, but I do. I feel like sometimes I have to work up my emotions for one day to "feel" the powerful thougths about this holiday season. There are the quotes, the songs, the programs, and the symbols but sometimes to me, honestly, it feels like rhetoric. I guess I wish it would feel more natural and not so forced and program. Probably because we try to cram these thoughts and feeling into one little weekend filled with services when the events are so monumentous as to fill our lives. My finite mind cannot even grasp all it contains even if I watch The Passion five million times and read a million books and quotes. I feel like I have to wade through the hype to get to the reality and trying to make this be something beyond a holiday season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel ya sister.
So when I feel lousy during Lent, I remind myself that that's part of what Lent is about. Feeling how broken it is. And the lengths He has gone to to fix it.
Post a Comment