In the last five years I have learned
Patience
How much I care about what others think, especially about my child.
The deep fear of facing medical issues and yet learning to place him in the Father's hands.
How busy a boy can be and how natural it is for the to make "boy" sounds.
How much it pains me when I have to discipline but how much I need to stay consistent.
How things are just things, and can be destroyed in a matter of seconds.
That his belly laugh can turnaround my day.
That I miss his hugs when he's at school.
The fierce love of a Mother's heart and how easily it can break.How boring my life would be without it, and quiet.
That children truly are a gift from God.
I can't believe he's five but I can't imagine my life without him. For a long time we waited and prayed and wondered if it was even going to be possible but he is truly an answer to prayer (even when my patience is thin...because God is teaching me through him).

No comments:
Post a Comment