Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Summertime, Summertime

I was not sure how this summer would be.  I have never experienced a "normal" summer growing up.  I was always at camp.  My days were filled with so much adventure and people I didn't have a chance to be bored.  Facing a summer of entertaining my children seemed daunting, especially now that they are older.

Coming toward the end of my summer, I have found I actually am looking forward to having some time to breathe.  The summer had flown by and it has really been fun.  Our days were filled with swimming, playing outside, going to story time at the library and having fun with friends.

There was also camp again!  The kids were able to enjoy two full weeks of camp.  We spent a week of family camp at  BaYouCa as I had the chance to teach the Kids Klub at night.

We took the kids camping for the first time and it was so fun.  We went to the New York State Fair, Fair Haven beach, and Skaneateles.  Each one has a special place in our lives both growing up and Kevin and I as a couple.  It was meaningful to show them where were engaged, what we liked to do in the summer and how these places were.


No comments: