I combed his hair today. To most people it is an insignificant task. For me, it is something that has not happened in almost two years.
It probably will not last long, but for the moment I can cherish this small thing. That's the funny thing about Alopecia. It doesn't give you forewarning. One moment the hair is there and the next it is falling out. I
have learned to hold on loosely. I have learned to let go. It will not allow us to become attached before it is gone. I am still not always used to it. I would like to say I'm always ok with it but that would not be true.
The truth is, I can joke about it and love him in spite of it but deep down in my heart I wish his hair would grow back. But, I have taught him that God created him special and he loves him very much and I must hold onto that truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment