Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Shaking in my Flats

I'm putting it out there.  I am absolutely terrified.  I am considering some new changes in my life and it is scary.  After being a stay at home mom for almost 6 years, my life is shifting again.  Emma will be old enough for preschool and I have begun to think about my future.  What am I going to do?  What do I truly love?  What is my purpose?

In the midst of all the internal debating, it has come to the realization that schooling is again in my future.  Unfortunately, there are some hoops to jump through in order to begin working on my masters. I must first enter the world of Gen. Ed. classes.

I am excited to get my brain working again.  However, the reality of my ability hit me hard.  I was an average student in high school and did pretty well.  College was harder and I struggled.  I didn't fail but I didn't get all A's and B's which is what they need for qualification to graduate school.  Therefore, I must return to the dredges.

It is encouraging to know that quite a few of my friends and family have done the same thing.  Now it's just working out the details of how and where and most of all how are we going to afford this.

So, I will be school shopping for myself soon so watch out #2 pencils because I am stocking up.

2 comments:

KalynBrooke said...

I'm pretty sure my favorite part of school was stocking up on all the supplies. :)

Sara said...

Oh Amy, I have considered the same questions as Ellie will be going to school in a little over a year and Zach will be following close behind her. I've thought to myself whether or not I want to return to school and get some type of music degree. Will be praying that you find just the right school for you.