Monday, July 28, 2008

Finally

I did not intend to take so long to blog but I have been suffering from some major mommy burnout. I have not had a full night's sleep in months and I never know if he is going to wake up once or twice a night. It's not him just being bad...he has literally been teething since Dec. On top of going non-stop for quite a few weeks, it finally hit. It was one of those call my mom and cry days. I still haven't gotten a lot of sleep but a good cry really helped.

On the positive, there has definitely been some little things to enjoy - Heidi's soap came. I was going to take a pic of how cute the packaging is but I need some new batteries. It is definitely yummy! We are also enjoying our garden. We've already enjoyed zucchini, baby spinach, raspberries, lettuce, beans, and even a few little potatoes. Nothing beats food from your own garden. I have been trying to put up small amounts as we pick them so we can enjoy them this winter.

I also had a new experience that was suprisingly enjoyable. A lot of our folks at church like southern gospel so we took a group to see Legacy 5 (a group that spun off of the cathedrals) at Word of Life (we live 15 min. from the WOL Inn). I wasn't too excited about going but knew Kevin didn't want to go by himself. I was also apprehensive about how Jack would do. Well, Jack liked it (except for the clapping - it was too loud for him) and suprisingly I did too! I'm not turning into a crazy fan of it...but they were really good! I just wished my dad could be there...he would love them!

No comments: